Founded in 2006, studioMLA Architects is an architecture, landscape, and interior design firm located in Brookline, Massachusetts. We value innovation, cost-effectiveness, and high-quality design.
As active listeners and creative collaborators, we meet the needs of our clients. Within our design process, we incorporate unique elements of each organization’s culture. Ensuring each design is specific for the client. We will work together with your project team and implement an enjoyable design process, adding value along the way as you think about your organizations and systems through the lens of design.
We have collaborated successfully with independent schools, corporations, foundations, and individual clients in the greater Boston area. Additionally, nationally and internationally designing children’s environments, K-12 schools, youth centers, multi-generational spaces, museums, parks, offices, libraries, and residential projects.
studioMLA Architects is recognized as a leader in early education facilities in architecture and landscape design, we strive to integrate sustainable design and natural spaces in support of education and community goals. studioMLA Architects is dedicated to promoting sustainability and encouraging environmental responsibility. In the process, we have achieved LEED certification in many of our projects.
View our partial client list.
- Program Development
- Basis of Design
- Concept Design through Construction Administration
- Full Construction Phase Services
- Building Codes/Regulatory Analysis
- Energy and Sustainability Design/LEED/Net Zero
- AutoCAD/Revit/Sketch-Up Modeling
- Participatory Community Planning
- Park and Playspace design
- Natural Playscape design
- Full Landscape Documentation and Planting Design
- Certified Playground Safety Inspections
- Accessibility and Inter-Generational Play
- Custom Equipment Design
- Interior Architecture and Design
- Space Planning
- Furniture and Equipment Selection
- Adaptive Re-Use
Planning & Analysis
- Master Planning
- Site Analysis
- Feasibility Studies
- Community Design Workshops
- Community Relations/Fundraising Support
- Training in Best Practices for Children’s Environments
- The Brookline Fund to Increase Diversity in Architecture & Design